Our family!

Our family!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fear of a life time!

We decided that we were going to give a try to the idea of the girls walking Garrett home from school, today was our trial run. It didn't go to well. Partly my fault. Janeil and I were outside waiting for our boys. The first grade came out and we waited and waited. The teacher went to check if they were still in the classroom. Not there. Panic starts to set in. I sent Meg to go look for him, no luck. Garrett's scooter was already gone from the bike racks so we thought maybe they walked home alone which they aren't suppose to do. I had Megan run home with me not far after her. We get home (we have a keypad so hoped he was in the house) and yelled his name but nothing. By this time I am completely worn out and freaking out. I had left Aubrey at the school to continue looking and most all of the school kids are by this point gone. We are at the half hour mark and I get a call from Aubrey at the school that she has finally found them. They misunderstood their teacher and went out the wrong doors and were standing by themselves by the car drop off lanes. The safety patrol never brought them in like they were suppose too, the kids are new at this job it happens. Needless to say I think we need some more practice with Mom making sure it works for a while. I took him in the school and we walked through coming out the right door and where to meet. I will always be a mess worrying about him but I have to give a go. Wish me luck!

No comments: