Our family!

Our family!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Aah Technology!

I got a couple of BIG surprises this weekend all thanks to technology!!!! The first came when we walked into the living room to find Garrett watching Wall-E. My first thought was we do not have that movie and it is too new to be on TV already. Oh yes, Garrett has figured out how to use Directv on demand and order pay for movies at $5.99 a piece. We asked him to show us how and he did, we found that he has ordered four different movies. Lovely!! It does not end there, today I went to pay my cell phone bill online to see the balance of over $400.00 for the last month. My jaw dropped. I went through the three phones that we had to find the cost. Texts - fine. Picture messaging - fine. Then I went to data charges and found out that zac had $206.00 in data charges for the last month. Help!!!!!!!!! Apparently you can access the internet without having an internet plan and it is not cheap. If you hear of Cha-cha from your kids do not let them access it from their phones. They use it to ask questions like sport scores during church, how many ways is this story disturbing. I feel the money draining.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe Garrett figured that out. Zac, I get - it stinks, but I get it. Garrett on the other hand...wow.

I hope this is the least of the money draining :)

Alicia said...

Good thing you're in UT, I don't have to worry about Garrett teaching my kids anything else that will cost us money. :)

Hope you either disabled Zac's phone for internet, or got him a plan, what a stinker!