Our family!

Our family!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful for people in my life!

I forgot how much I loved to do this blog until recently. It is kind of therapeutic for me. Today I got overwhelmed when I got an email about my little boy. Garrett is such a sweet little boy who has so much energy in such a small body. Sometimes that gets him into trouble especially at school. He and his friend are like brothers to each other and sometimes act like it at school as well which is not good when they are in the same class. Garrett also has no filter sometimes on his mouth and tells his opinion sometimes a little too strongly. He has had such a hard time and wants people to like him so badly and cannot understand why sometimes they don't. I love this little guy and want to see him happy.

Anyway, it got me a little depressed so I started getting stressed and overwhelmed. I started to question everything I do and why I do it. So, I thought about those friends that I have that are so good to me:

Alan, my wonderful husband who loves me to no end. This man is the best thing that ever happened to me. He sent me a text today of one of his favorite pictures of Garrett and told me how much he loves him to help me out. This man works out of state for his family to put them in a better place, what an amazing person.

Janeil, my wonderful neighbor. She is like a second mom to Garrett and understands him. She is so patient and loving to him. We can talk through the problems with the boys and not be afraid to call one another if there is a concern. She is so willing to let me talk to just to get things out of my system. Janeil is also a weekly single mom whose husband is away during the week and home on the weekend. She is super mom. Having this in common we understand things about each other that maybe aren't apparent to someone else.

Michelle, my amazing other half as PTSA presidents for next year at the high school. She and I have been working together for the past 5 years at the middle school. She has become a close friend that I can depend on. Lately she and I are so sarcastic with each other, it is fun just to goof around and not have to worry that you will offend someone. Michelle is also one that I can tell anything that happens and there is no judgement on her part even if she does not agree with my opinion.

Lisa, my friend through my entire life. Lisa and I are so different but yet we have stayed close since we lived by each other back in elementary school. I moved away a week before I started high school and she still remains in my life. I remember the day I said goodbye to my mom when she died. I was in Utah by myself while my family was in California. My mom had complete brain damage except for her brain stem that kept her alive. Mother's Day was the last day I spoke to her and it was only a few seconds because she wasn't feeling well. She was suppose to call me later but never woke up again. (As you can imagine Mother's Day is a tough one for me). I had not had a chance to wish her a Happy Mothers Day or tell her I loved her that day. So, we knew what was coming but wanted a second opinion to make sure that we were doing the right thing with taking my mom off life support. I had to return home to take care of my kids. That day I had my kids call on the phone and we had them say goodbye to my mom since they were not with me, then I had to say goodbye knowing that the next time I saw her would be her funeral. I went out to the waiting room after and sat down and cried. I was having a hard time and knew that I could call Lisa. She listened to me for as long as I needed and was there for me. No matter what has gone on in our lives we have always been there for each other. My life is better having her in my life.

Then there is Joke (pronounced Yoka, she is from Holland). She is my amazing friend that is the mother of one of Megan's best friends Josh. Joke and I met when Josh and Megan were in 6th grade so about two and a half years ago. As teenage years have come upon the kids Megan has gone through some trying friendships. There have been a couple of times where the anger and heartbreak have been pretty tough. No matter what rumors have been spread Josh has been there for Megan and once said to me, "Megan is a great friend, I know her and would never believe something like that". Amazing young man! His mom is the same way she talks me through situations and is not judgemental. She is another amazing PTA friend as well. You can tell that I have met some great people through volunteering at the schools. Joke is a second mom to Megan as well and I adore her for the way she treats my daughter. She is so cute too, the other day she put her arm around Megan and said to someone "Have you met my future daughter-in-law?" Too cute!

The other Michelle is the mom of Zac's friend Orion. She is yet another mom whose husband is away 5 days of the week. Do you sense a theme with my friends here, the single mom types and those who are in my kids lives. She like Joke is a second mom to Zac. He spends a lot of time with her son. She and I get along well and I love going to lunch to chat with her. I appreciate that I can depend on her especially when it comes to the boys.

Last but not least is my newest friend Sue! Just because she sent me over flowers the other day. She is such a cute person and a wonderful activity leader to Aubrey. She has only lived by me for about 6 months but has become a fast friend.

I am grateful for the wonderful support I have, I know how high maintenance I am and love these people to no end.

2 comments:

Jjones123 said...

Cristen, thank you for your kind words! Your friendship and understanding mean more to me than I could ever tell you! I could not ask for a better friend! Love you to pieces!

Jenn said...

Love you, Cristen! You are such an inspiration to me - and always have been from the day I met you. <3